Wednesday, February 15, 2012

That Song and The Phoenix


This is a poem about getting carried away into music by Julia Lieberman.
That Song

It took me away from reality
And into the beat
That alternate universe
The feeling was sweet

Oh the voices
The guitar and the drums
Rocking out and swaying
I give it two thumbs

This is my world
I could live here forever
No stress and no worries
Nothing gets better

And after the instruments have stopped
It kept going in my head
It was stuck on repeat
Because like I said

It took me away from reality
And into the beat
That alternate universe
The feeling was sweet

But now as I lay here in bed
Another song
Pops into my head

The Phoenix is another poem that I wrote, based off of my understanding of phoenixes from reading Harry Potter. Phoenixes die but are then reborn from their ashes, and their tears carry healing powers.



http://www.harrypotterforseekers.com/symbols/creatures.php 


The Phoenix
The cry,
Of a baby,
Conceived from it’s own ashes,
It’s fierce beak turns to the open sky
Ready for a new life.

Out of those young
yet somehow old eyes
Tears leak
Each one holding a great deal of power
They heal
They sizzle
Until all wounds are restored
It’s job is finished.

The gentle croak
Emanating from that deep,
Old,
fiery throat
Its intelligent eyes judging
what lies ahead.
Yet somehow it knows what’s ahead,
Ducking its head behind its wing,
It’s the last time.

But again,
the cry
Of the baby
That has sprung from the ashes once again
Pierces the air,
Reborn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment