Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ode to Powder

Ode to Powder is an ode by Julia Lieberman.
                                                                  http://www.alaska-in-pictures.com/chugach-powder-snowboarder-2747-pictures.htm

Ode to Powder
Oh powder,
You’re a light blanket of fluff
When my French fry-skis cross your powdery wonderland
I feel a bliss
That the best snow in the world
could not but call fair.

Adrenaline courses through my veins
As happy as a 5 year old with a lollipop I will rip it up
Turning through the snorkel pow-pow
My fat skis leaving the first set of tracks to the bottom
of the glorious run
People on the chairlift glance down at me, jealous
That I am able to sit on that royal throne of powder
Back strait
Mouth curved upwards into a smile
And bounce through your majestic clouds.

Powder,
You’re the best thing to ever come into being
Natural
Genuine
Honest
Delightful.
You’re sparkles fly into the air
As I cut through your mysterious
Untracked snow
As it splays out behind me
In a white firework
I laugh aloud,
Thrilled that you are so kind as to treat me to such a show.

No comments:

Post a Comment